One of my new favourite sides. It gives mashed cauliflower some excellent texture. My sous chef and I had quite the falling out while I was ‘trying’ to make this. I shot her with the spray bottle at least 8 times but she just kept coming. I’m sure you can see she is currently giving me the stink eye in this photo.
1 bunch of kale
1 whole cauliflower
3 garlic cloves
3 tbs of cream cheese (if you please)
150g of butter (or as much as you would like)
1 Tbs coconut oil
- Cut up the cauliflower (I just slice it into chunks) and put it on to steam for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Finely chop up the garlic and kale.
- Saute the garlic and kale with the coconut oil until mostly cooked – about 5-10 minutes.
- Pop the butter, cream cheese and cooked cauliflower into the food processor and whizz until pureeed.
- Add the cauliflower to the kale pan and mix it up! Add salt and pepper to taste.
I often cook this earlier in the day and then just reheat ready for dinner! I served this with baked sausages.